- Cooking oil spray
- 500g lean braising steak, diced
- 2tsp harissa paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 600ml hot reduced-salt beef stock
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1½tbsp cornflour
- Finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Put a large heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add the beef and cook until browned. Add the harissa paste, garlic, mushrooms and onion and fry until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, cauliflower florets and potatoes and stir well. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 1 hr 30 min, stirring occasionally, or until the beef is cooked and tender.
- Just before serving, mix the cornflour with 2tbsp water in a small bowl to make a paste. Add to the stew and stir until the sauce thickens. Divide among 4 bowls, then serve garnished with parsley.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
485 52.3g 14.9g 5.8g 7.2g 9.4g 1.4g 68mg 38g 5.6mg