- Cooking oil spray 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g leftover skinless roast chicken, chopped
- 1tbsp baharat or similar Moroccan spice mix
- 100g basmati rice, rinsed well
- 300ml very low salt chicken stock
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 200g fat free Greek yogurt
- 2tsp extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan (that has a lid) with oil and heat. Add the onion and fry over a medium heat for 5 min. Add the garlic and fry for 2 min.
- Add the chicken to the pan with the spice mix and cook for 2–3 min. Add the rice and stock, then cover and simmer gently, without stirring, for 15 min or until the stock has been absorbed and the rice is al dente. Add the spring onions, then cover and leave for 5 min. Fork through to separate the grains.
- Stir the mint through the yogurt. Divide the pilaf between 2 plates, then serve with a dollop of the mint yogurt, drizzled with the oil and
sprinkled with black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
452kcal 35.7g 10.7g 2.5g 3.7g 9.7g 0.6g 152mg 55.5g 2.2mg