- Zest of 2 clementines, plus
- 3tbsp juice
- 200g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 190g caster sugar
- 225g low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1½tsp baking powder
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g icing sugar, sifted
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Grease and double line a 17.5cm round deep tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the clementine zest and juice and 150g of the cranberries in a small pan (reserving the remainder for decoration). Cook over a medium heat for 3–4 min, until the cranberries begin to split.
- Separate one of the eggs and put the white in a small bowl. Place 2tsp of the caster sugar on a plate. Brush the reserved cranberries with the egg white and then roll in the caster sugar. Set aside.
- Whisk together the yogurt, eggs (including what’s left of the white used to brush the cranberries) and vanilla extract until smooth. Mix in the cooled cranberry mixture.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, remaining caster sugar, baking powder and cinnamon, then stir in the yogurt mixture until smooth.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 45–50 min, until golden and slightly springy to the touch. Cool for 10 min, then remove from the tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar with enough cold water to form a ‘drizzle-able’ paste and, using a teaspoon, drizzle over the surface of the cake. Scatter over the frosted cranberries. Allow the icing to set for 1 hr before slicing and serving. Best kept in an airtight container and eaten within two days.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
225 6g 3.2g 0.9g 1.5g 30.6g 0.5g 136mg 45.9g 1.2mg