- 75g bulgur wheat
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 small aubergines, sliced into rounds
- 3 small courgettes, sliced into rounds
- 390g tin artichoke hearts in brine, drained and halved
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- ½ x 25g bunch basil, leaves picked
- 350g lean lamb mince
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- ¼tsp chilli flakes
- 1 egg white
- 150g fat-free Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice ½ large lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Put the bulgur wheat in a bowl and cover with 175ml boiling water. Stir, then stand for 10 min. Drain any excess water, then transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium–high heat. Cook the aubergines and courgettes in batches, turning once, for 2 min on each side, or until golden and tender. Add the artichokes to the pan with the final batch and leave to char for a few min. Arrange all the grilled veg on a serving platter and scatter with the sliced chilli and basil leaves.
- Add the lamb mince, onion, parsley, mint, cumin, coriander, chilli flakes and egg white to the bowl of bulgur wheat and mix well with your hands until combined. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions, then mould each around a metal skewer to form a kofta.
- Return the frying pan to a medium heat. Spray the koftas with oil and cook, turning, for 10 min or until browned and cooked through.
- Combine the yogurt with the lemon zest and juice in a small serving bowl. Serve the koftas with the grilled vegetables, yogurt mixture and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
326 27.9g 13.5g 5.8g 6.9g 7.9g 0.9g 152mg 22.8g 4.3mg