- 100g quick-cook polenta
- 90g self-raising flour
- 40g ground almonds
- 100g Natvia sweetener
- 1tbsp ground chia or flaxseed
- 1tsp each ground mixed spice, ground ginger and cocoa
- Zest and juice 1 medium orange
- 3tbsp sunflower oil
- 200ml unsweetened almond or soya milk
- For the topping
- 100g pomegranate seeds (or the amount from 1 pomegranate)
- 50g icing sugar
- 200g dairy-free yogurt
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 2lb loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix all the cake ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth. Spoon into the prepared tin, smoothing the surface. Bake for 30–35 min until golden and springy to the touch.
- In a small bowl crush half the pomegranate seeds with 2tbsp of the icing sugar, then press through a sieve into another bowl to collect the juice. Spoon the juice over the hot cake and leave to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cool, mix the remaining icing sugar with a little hot water (¼tsp at a time) until runny enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle the icing over the cake and scatter with a few of the remaining pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle the remainder over the yogurt and serve alongside.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
154 3.7g 7.7g 1g 1.9g 8.1g 0.3g 104mg 16.4g 0.5mg