- 1kg butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large parsnip, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 400g tin butter beans in water, drained
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 25g fresh ginger, grated
- 1tbsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 3tbsp half-fat soured cream
- 4tbsp snipped fresh chives
- Put a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the butternut squash, parsnip, celery, butter beans, cumin, coriander and ginger. Mix the stock powder with 1 litre boiling water in a jug, then add to the pan along with the milk. Bring the soup to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20–25 min until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and purée the soup with a stick blender (or leave to cool slightly and whiz in a food processor).
- Serve topped with the soured cream and chives, with a grind of black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
129 7.1g 2.2g 1g 6.6g 10.2g 0.7g 160mg 22.2g 2.2mg