- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 500g floury potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1tbsp hot curry powder
- 2tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- A few fresh coriander sprigs and 2tbsp pumpkin seeds, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add all the remaining ingredients apart from the fresh coriander and pumpkin seeds. Season with ground black pepper and cover with 1 litre boiling water. Bring back up to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20–25 min until the veg are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Divide the soup among 6 bowls, then sprinkle over the coriander, pumpkin seeds and some black pepper to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
148 4.4g 4.9g 0.7g 4.5g 6g 0.5g 43mg 23g 2.6mg