- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 1–2tsp chipotle paste
- 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
- 4 wholemeal tortillas
- 25g bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 75g baby spinach and 4tsp hot chilli sauce (optional), to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan (that has a lid) over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and fry for 5 min or until soft. Stir in the cauliflower florets and cook for 3–4 min until light golden.
- Add the garlic and carrot to the pan and cook for 1 min. Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, chipotle paste and chickpeas, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10–12 min until the cauliflower is tender and the liquid reduced and thickened. When it’s almost ready, warm the tortillas to the pack instructions.
- Stir the parsley into the spicy cauliflower and chickpea mixture, then serve with the tortillas, spinach and hot chilli sauce, if using.
To freeze: Cool, then freeze the cauliflower mixture at the end of step 2. Thaw fully before reheating until hot, then complete the recipe.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
337kcal 14.3g 8.4g 2g 11.7g 15.9g 0.9g 196mg 54.6g 4mg