- Spray cooking oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2tbsp red curry paste
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets
- 2 very low salt chicken stock cubes dissolved in 1.2 litres boiling water
- 180g dried udon noodles
- 150g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 300g pak choi, cut into 4cm pieces
- Lime juice, to taste
- A few fresh coriander leaves, to garnish (optional)
Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and set it over a medium-high heat. Fry the onion for 5 min or until softened, then add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 min or until fragrant.
Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Add the chicken and stock, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 min or until the chicken is cooked.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the pack instructions. Drain well.
If you prefer the chicken shredded, lift it out on to a clean board, shred using 2 forks, then return to the pan. Add the sugar snap peas and pak choi to the pan, then simmer for 1–2 min until tender. Add lime juice to taste.
Divide the noodles and soup among 4 bowls, then garnish with coriander leaves, if you like.