- 350g cauliflower florets
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 courgettes, 50g grated, the rest cut into semi-circles
- 3tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 150g falafel mix
- ½tsp chilli powder
- Cooking oil spray
- 150g reduced-fat hummus
- 100g baby spinach
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Put the cauliflower and carrots in a baking tray with the olive oil and toss, then bake for 15 min or until lightly golden. Add the courgette semi-circles to the tray and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds, then bake for 10 min more. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, make up the falafel mix with 125ml water (or as the pack directs, but with 1½tbsp less). Add the grated courgette and chilli powder, then mix well. With wet hands, shape the mixture into tablespoon-size balls.
- Spray a heavy-based pan with oil and cook the falafel for 2–3 min on each side until browned. In a small bowl, combine the hummus with 1tbsp water.
- Toss the baby spinach with the roasted veg and serve topped with the falafel, with the hummus on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
345kcal 14.5g 18g 2.4g 10.3g 9.4g 1g 89mg 26.2g 2.7mg