- 500g lean pork or beef mince
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped, green and white parts separated
- 1 carrot, grated and excess moisture squeezed out
- 1tbsp white miso paste
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 4tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml hot reduced-salt chicken stock
- Heat the slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the mince, green parts of the spring onions, carrot, miso, chilli, coriander and egg white. Using clean hands, mix and form into 24 equal balls.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then add the meatballs in batches and cook for 3–4 min until browned all over. Remove to a plate. Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 min, then transfer to the slow cooker with the tomatoes, stock and white parts of the spring onions. Put the meatballs on top – don’t stir. Cook on high for 2 hr or low for 4 hr.
- Serve the meatballs in bowls with the noodles and steamed chard or spinach.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
489 44.8g 11.4g 3.5g 4.3g 7g 1.8g 176mg 50.3g 4.3mg