User Review( votes)
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Chunk fresh root ginger,finely grated
- 400g fresh firm tofu, sliced into 2cm cubes
- 1tbsp shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 2tbsp reduced-salt tamari
- 1tbsp mushroom oyster sauce
- 1tsp sriracha chilli sauce
- 1tbsp clear rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 10g fresh chives, chopped, and 1tsp shichimi pepper flakes, to garnish
- Heat a wok over a high heat until it starts to smoke, then add the rapeseed oil. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a few seconds, then add the tofu cubes. Stir-fry for 1 min to brown, then add the shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry.
- Season with the tamari sauce, mushroom oyster sauce, sriracha and vinegar and gently toss, then flip the tofu over, being careful not to break up the pieces, and cook for 1 min.
- Garnish with the chopped chives and pepper flakes before serving.
Recipe taken from Stir Crazy by Ching-He Huang (Kyle Books, £19.99)
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
275kcal 18g 15g 1.5g 3g 4.1g 3g 16mg 8.1g 3.2mg