User Review( votes)
Spinach, broccoli and pesto open omelette with lemon ricotta
Omelettes are our kind of fast food; they're quick, tasty and ever so versatile. Try this open variation topped with plenty of greens and creamy lemon ricotta for a slightly more sophisticated twist.
Prep Time 10 min
Cooking Time 10 min
- Spray sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2tbsp skimmed milk
- 100g bite-sized broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1tsp basil pesto
- 30g baby spinach leaves
- 50g frozen peas
- 1tbsp vegetarian ricotta
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon, plus squeeze lemon juice
- Chilli flakes (optional), to garnish
- 1 slice toasted grainy bread, to serve
- pray a small frying pan (with a lid) with the oil and set over a medium-high heat. In a small bowl or jug, lightly beat the eggs and milk together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Swirl the pan to coat the base. Cookfor 1–2 min to set briefly, then using a spatula, pull the mixture away from the edges of the pan and tilt the pan to let uncooked egg flow into the space. Do this until the egg is just cooked through.
- After 1 min of cooking, scatter over the broccoli florets and push them gently into the egg mixture. Dollop over the pesto, and scatter the spinach and peas on top. Put the lid on the pan and let the omelette cook for another 2 min or until the top is set and the spinach is wilted. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the ricotta, lemon zest and juice.
- Once cooked, garnish the omelette with the lemon ricotta and season with freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with the chilli flakes, if using, and serve with the toast on the side.