- 2tsp ground coriander
- 20g fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cooking oil spray
- 200ml light coconut milk
- 500g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2tbsp tamari
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tbsp medium curry powder
- 250ml hot reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 200g basmati rice
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 150g baby spinach
- Fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
- Blend the coriander, ginger, lemongrass, garlic and 3tbsp water with a stick blender or in a food processor to make a paste.
- Set a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Add the paste and coconut milk and stir for 3 min.
- Add the potatoes, tamari, sugar and curry powder, stir well and bring to the boil. Add the stock along with 400ml hot water and return to the boil. Simmer for 15 min, or until the potatoes are tender.
- While the curry is simmering, cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then drain, cover and keep warm.
- At the same time, set a frying pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Add the shallots and mushrooms and fry for 8 min until golden, then transfer to the curry for the last 5 min of the cooking time.
- Add the spinach to the curry for the last 3 min of the cooking time or until wilted.
- Serve the curry with the rice, garnished with the coriander, with the lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
359 10.3g 7.5g 4.7g 4.8g 4.3g 1.8g 122mg 64g 5.5mg