- 500g butternut squash flesh, cut into 2cm cubes
- Cooking oil spray
- 400g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500g passata
- 25g bunch fresh basil, chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 200g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 150g ricotta
- Grating fresh nutmeg, to taste
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets (250g total weight), halved widthways
- 2tbsp freshly grated parmesan- style vegetarian cheese
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a large baking tray with baking paper, then add the squash and spray with oil. Roast for 25–30 min until tender and golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly, then transfer to a large bowl and mash roughly with a fork, leaving some texture.
- Meanwhile, spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms to the hot pan and cook for 4–5 min until golden. Add half the garlic and stir for 1 min, then transfer to a plate to cool. Leave the pan on the heat.
- Spray the pan with a little more oil, then add the onion and fry for 5 min or until soft. Add the remaining garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 sec or until fragrant. Add the passata, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 min. Season with black pepper, then set aside.
- Add the cooled garlicky mushrooms to the mashed squash, along with the basil, spinach and two-thirds of the ricotta. Stir and season to taste with freshly grated nutmeg and black pepper.
- Spread one-third of the tomato sauce evenly across the base of a 1.5–2 litre baking dish. Lay the lasagne sheets on a work surface (see tip, right). Spoon the squash mixture down the centre of each lasagne sheet, then roll up to enclose the filling. Put the pasta rolls in the baking dish so they fit snugly, on top of the tomato sauce.
- Spoon the remaining sauce over the pasta to cover it, then dot with the rest of the ricotta and scatter over the parmesan-style cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 min. Remove the foil and bake for 10 min more or until piping hot. Garnish with extra basil to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
295 14.4g 7.7g 3.5g 8.2g 15.5g 0.8g 305mg 42.6g 5.2mg