- 200g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1tbsp grated parmesan
- 2tbsp skimmed milk
- 125g lean rump steak
- 1 large flat mushroom, stalk trimmed
- Cooking oil spray
- 5tbsp reduced-salt vegetable or beef stock
- ½tsp cornflour
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼tsp ground black pepper
- 80g baby spinach, steamed
- Cook the sweet potato chunks in a pan of boiling water for 15 min or until tender. Drain and return to the pan, then add the parmesan and milk and mash until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Spray the steak and mushroom with a little oil, then add to the hot pan. Cook for 2–3 min on each side for a medium-rare steak, or adjust to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to the heat. In a small bowl, mix the stock with the cornflour, worcestershire sauce and black pepper. Pour into the hot pan and stir until the sauce comes to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until it thickens.
- Spoon the sweet potato mash on to a serving plate, then top with the steak. Thickly slice the mushroom and add to the plate with the steamed spinach. Drizzle over the pepper sauce.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
420kcal 36.7g 9.7g 3.8g 9.8g 15.2g 1.5g 295mg 50g 6.8mg