- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- 125g low-fat spread
- 80g caster sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs
- 240g self-raising flour
- 6tbsp skimmed milk
- 6tbsp reduced-sugar raspberry jam
- 400ml low-fat custard and raspberries (optional), to serve
- Heat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Spray 6 x 175ml ovenproof dishes with oil, then line the bases with baking paper.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the low-fat spread, caster sugar and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour, then add the milk and gently stir the batter until combined.
- Put 1tbsp raspberry jam into the bottom of each prepared dish, then spoon over the batter and smooth the tops with the back of a wet spoon.
- Cut 6 x 11cm squares of tin foil and use to cover each dish, scrunching the foil tightly around the rims to seal.
- Arrange the dishes in a deep baking tray, then pour boiling water into the tray until it comes halfway up the sides of the dishes. Bake for 30–35 min until a skewer pushed into the centre of the sponges comes out clean.
- Remove the tray from the oven, then lift the dishes out of the water and on to a heatproof board. Remove the foil covers, then leave the sponges to stand for 5 min. To serve, turn the puddings out on to 6 plates, drizzle with the custard and decorate with a few raspberries, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
398 9.9g 12.9g 3.8g 2g 30.1g 0.8g 255mg 62.6g 1.3mg