- 85g soft pitted dates, roughly chopped
- Spray oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp cinnamon, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 4tbsp low-fat plain yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 170g self-raising flour
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the toffee sauce:
- 125ml light evaporated milk
- 1tsp maple syrup
- 1tsp golden syrup
- Put the dates in a medium heatproof bowl and pour over 5tbsp boiling water. Soak for 20 min or until plump.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and spray 6 ramekins or mini pudding basins (each approx 175ml) with oil. Put the dates and any soaking liquid from the bowl into a food processor with the remaining pudding ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the mixture among the ramekins or mini basins and bake for 30–35 min.
- Meanwhile, make the toffee sauce. Heat the evaporated milk in a small frying pan over a medium-low heat, stirring continuously, for 10 min or until reduced by half (don’t allow it to boil). Stir in the syrups.
- Spoon some toffee sauce over each pudding, then serve with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
234 8.4g 3.4g 1.3g 2g 22g 0.7g 206mg 43g 1.1mg