- 300g tempeh, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 300g asparagus or green beans
- 300g small broccoli florets
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 x 250g pack ready to heat brown rice
- 1tbsp chopped unsalted almonds or peanuts and pinch chilli flakes, to garnish (both optional)
- 3tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 6tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 80g natural peanut butter
- 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Heat half the sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the tempeh until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the remaining sesame oil. Stir-fry the vegetables, ginger and turmeric for 6–8 min until the veg are tender (add 2tbsp water if they begin to stick). Add the tempeh back to the pan with 4tsp of the soy sauce. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce and remaining soy sauce with 2tbsp boiling water to make a smooth sauce. Heat the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Divide the stir-fried veg and rice among 4 plates and drizzle over the peanut sauce. Garnish with the chopped nuts and chilli flakes, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
481 33g 20.8g 2.7g 12g 9g 1g 188mg 34g 5.9mg