- 225g plain flour, plus extra to dust
- 125g extra-light soft cheese
- 60g low-fat spread
- 50g caster sugar
- 500g fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed, hulled and halved
- 2tbsp cornflour
- 1tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 40g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2tsp demerara sugar
- 170g pot fat-free Greek vanilla yogurt, such as Fruyo, to serve
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the flour in a food processor with the soft cheese, low-fat spread and 1tbsp of the caster sugar, then whiz until a dough forms. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, then roll into a 32cm circle. Transfer to the baking tray, then chill in the fridge for 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ fan 170°C/gas 5. Mix the remaining caster sugar with the strawberries, cornflour and vanilla in a large bowl. Scatter the breadcrumbs over the chilled pastry circle, leaving a 3cm border. Top with the strawberry mixture, then fold the border up and over to create a rim. Brush the egg white over the pastry, then sprinkle with the demerara sugar. Bake for 30–40 min until the pastry is golden.
- Cut the galette into 8, then serve with the yogurt spooned over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
235 8.1g 3.6g 1.1g 2.3g 15.3g 0.4g 107mg 45.2g 1.1mg