- 500g broccoli, cut into florets and stalks sliced
- 2 peppers, cut into wide strips
- 300g small mushrooms, halved
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 x 400g tins mixed beans in water, drained and rinsed
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil), chopped
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1tsp allspice
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 25g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 100g half-fat soured cream
- 2tsp hot sweet chilli sauce
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the broccoli, pepper and mushrooms in a large baking tray. Season with pepper and spray with oil, then bake for 30 min or until soft.
- Meanwhile, put the beans in a food processor with the lemon zest, sun-dried tomatoes, chilli flakes, allspice, flour and coriander. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides so everything is combined. Using wet hands, divide the bean mixture evenly into 8 burgers, each one about 2cm thick.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook for 6–7 min on each side until golden.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream and lemon juice. Spoon over the chilli sauce, then serve alongside the burgers and veg, garnished with fresh mint leaves, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
300kcal 20g 9g 2.4g 14.7g 12.7g 1.9g 151mg 35.8g 5.5mg