- 100g quinoa
- 1 raw beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2tbsp cider vinegar
- 2tbsp olive oil or flaxseed oil
- 230g pack mixed sprouts, such as Aconbury, available at Waitrose 150g seed and fruit mix
- 1–3tsp manuka or other thick honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Watercress or other green leaves, to serve
- Thoroughly rinse the quinoa in a sieve under the cold tap, then put it into a pan with 200ml water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer over a gentle heat for 15 min or until all the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- Put the beetroot into a large bowl, then add the cooked quinoa, vinegar, oil, sprouts and seed and fruit mix. Stir gently, then add the honey and salt to taste. Serve with the green leaves.
Star ingredient: Flaxseed oil is a wonderful source of omega-3 for vegetarians, but in order to be effective and health-giving, it has to be very fresh, so keep it in the fridge and use within three to four weeks.