- 2 x 120g salmon fillets (preferably wild, line-caught)
- 150g quinoa
- 1tsp sweet paprika
- 150g sweetcorn, sliced off the cob (or use frozen kernels)
- 150g watercress, roughly chopped, to serve
For the cajun marinade
- 1tbsp milled flaxseed (or gluten-free wholemeal breadcrumbs)
- 2tsp cajun spice blend
- Grated zest and juice 1 lime
- 1tsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2tsp coconut oil, melted
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the salmon fillets and leave to marinate for 20 min. While the salmon is marinating, soak the quinoa in a bowl of water for the same amount of time.
- Add the quinoa to a dry saucepan set over a medium heat and toast the grains for a few min. Boil 400ml water, then add it to the pan of quinoa along with the paprika, sweetcorn and some freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for 15 min, then plate up with the watercress.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a medium-low heat. Transfer the marinated fillets to the pan, skin side down, pressing them gently for the first 30 sec. Cook for about 6 min until the top side begins to turn opaque, then flip the fillets over and cook on the other side for a further 3–4 min until cooked through.
- Put the salmon on the plates alongside the quinoa and watercress and enjoy.
Photos: Faith Mason
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
643kcal 44g 27g 7.7g 12g 8.9g 0.3g 263mg 48g 11mg