- 300g sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
- 400g tin of borlotti beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1tsp yeast spread
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2tbsp crunchy almond butter (we used Meridian)
- 1tbsp oil
- Flour to dust
- Burger buns, lettuce, roasted peppers, hot sauce, onion rings and extra almond butter, to serve
- Boil a kettle, pour the water into a saucepan and carefully add the sweet potato. Cook for 8 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan. Put all of the ingredients except the oil and flour into a food processor and season well. Pulse a few times until the mixture has blended but still retains some texture.
- Tip the mixture onto a clean work surface and divide into four portions. Then, dust your hands with flour before shaping each portion into burger-shaped patties. Set aside on a flour-dusted plate.
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the burgers for 8 minutes on each side until well browned. Serve in burger buns with lettuce, roasted peppers, hot sauce and extra almond butter.
TIP: use a spatula to carefully turn the burgers, if they start to spread use the spatula to nudge back into shape.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
313 10g 15g 1.6g 9.6g 5.6g 0g 94mg 27g 2.5mg