- 450g frozen mixed vegetables
- 600g sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed (see tip)
- 1tbsp low-fat spread
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Cooking oil spray
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 70g bag of rocket
- Steam the veg according to the pack instructions, then put in a bowl with the sweet potato mash, spread and mustard and mix well.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add the sweet potato mixture and cook, turning, for 10 min, or until a golden brown crust forms.
- Meanwhile, add the vinegar to a large saucepan filled with 6–8cm water and bring to a simmer. Break the eggs into the water, two or three at a time, and poach for 2 min or until cooked to your liking. Use a slotted spoon to remove the poached eggs from the water and set aside.
- Divide the hash among 4 plates. Top each with 2 poached eggs and some rocket. Season with ground black pepper and serve.
COOK’S TIP Microwave the sweet potatoes in their skins, then scoop out the flesh and mash.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
384 20.8g 16.5g 4.4g 9.7g 15.8g 0.8g 172mg 39.5g 4.6mg