User Review( votes)
Sweet potato and kale rosti with baked eggs
Baked eggs just got a whole lot better...Serve up this giant sweet potato and kale rosti for a brilliant weekend brunch dish. This recipe is adapted from 'The Low-Carb Diabetes Cookbook' by Dr David Cavan and Emma Porter.
Prep Time 10 min
Cooking Time 15 min
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 230g sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 240g red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls kale, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- Juice ½ lime
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped, to garnish
- Dried chilli flakes, to taste (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the grated sweet potato and fry for 2–3 min until soft. Add the red onion and garlic and fry for a further 3–4 min until the onion softens and is translucent.
- Put the kale into the pan on top of the vegetables, letting the leaves steam a little before stirring them in. Firmly press the mixture down and reduce the heat to medium.
- Crack the eggs on top of the rosti and leave to cook through for 6–7 min. If you like a crisp top, finish the dish off under the grill for the final 2 min.
- Remove the rosti from the heat. Drizzle over the lime juice, then scatter over the chopped coriander and some chilli flakes, if using. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature, sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper.