- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g fresh ginger, grated
- 4tbsp tomato purée
- 4tbsp rice vinegar
- 425g tinned pineapple pieces in natural juice
- 2tbsp runny honey
- 4tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 250ml hot reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 500g skinless chicken mini breast fillets, halved
- 2tbsp cornflour
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 425g frozen peas
- 350g rice
- 150g baby spinach
- Put the garlic, ginger, tomato purée, vinegar, tinned pineapple (including the juice), honey, soy sauce and stock in a slow cooker and stir well. Add the onion, peppers and chicken, then cook on high for 3 hr.
- When 20 min of the cooking time remains, mix the cornflour with 3tbsp water in a jug, then stir through the lime zest and juice. Add the mixture to the slow cooker with the peas and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
- When the chicken is cooked through and the veg are tender, add the spinach to the slow cooker and fold through until it just wilts. Divide the sweet and sour chicken among 6 bowls, then serve with the rice.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
468 31.1g 4.3g 1g 8g 20.8g 1.6g 121mg 81.1g 3.2mg