- 150g dried egg noodles
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2tbsp kecap manis (see tip)
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 300g smoked tofu, sliced into small pieces
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 50g nasi goreng paste (from the world food aisle at larger supermarkets)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Cook the egg noodles according to the pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, sugar and kecap manis with 3tbsp water.
- Heat 1tbsp of the sunflower oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan. Fry the tofu in batches until golden. Transfer toa plate and set aside. Add the kecap manis mixture to the wok and cook for1 min. Return the tofu to the pan and toss through to coat.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining oil toa clean, hot wok or non-stick frying pan. Add the shallots and fry for 4–5 min until crispy. Transfer to a small bowl andset aside. Add the nasi goreng paste tothe wok or pan and cook for about 1 min. Add the carrots, peppers and broccoli and toss for 2–3 min. Add 1–2tbspwater to create steam and speed upthe cooking process. Add the cooked noodles and toss to heat through.
- Divide the noodle and vegetable mixture among 4 bowls, then serve topped with the sweet tofu and crispy shallots.
Love smoked tofu? See Ching-He Huang’s smoked tofu with dinosaur kale recipe.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
325 17g 12.6g 2.1g 9g 26g 0.7g 353mg 38.1g 3.4mg