User Review( votes)
- 4 eggs
- 75g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 250g firm tofu, smashed
- 175g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 1 large courgette, coarsely grated and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 4tbsp snipped fresh chives
- Zest 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 150g low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until combined, then slowly whisk in the flour until smooth. Add the smashed tofu, sweetcorn, grated courgette, half the chives and half the lemon zest, stirring to combine. Season with ground black pepper.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add 3 x 4tbsp-size dollops of fritter mixture to the hot pan and cook for 2–3 min on each side until golden and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 12 fritters in total, adding more oil as needed.
- Meanwhile, combine the cottage cheese and chilli in a small bowl with the remaining chives and lemon zest. Serve the fritters with the spicy cottage cheese and lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
221kcal 16g 8.3g 1.4g 5.8g 3.3g 0.6g 108mg 18g 2.3mg