- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 270g of fresh cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- For the fritters:
- 150g plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 125ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 350g sweetcorn kernels (from approximately 3 corn cobs)
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Freshly ground pepperTo serve:
- 4 slices smoked pancetta
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Put the tenderstem and the tomatoes on the vine on an ovenproof tray, in a single layer. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with pepper and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Place the flour, baking powder, salt, ground coriander, ground cumin and paprika in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Whisk in the milk, beaten egg and lemon juice. Add the sweetcorn kernels, spring onions and chopped fresh coriander and mix until just combined.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat, adding the rest of the olive oil. Add 4 tablespoon-size dollops of the sweetcorn batter to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes either side until golden. Keep the cooked fritters warm on an ovenproof plate in the oven while you cook the next batch.
- At the same time gently fry the pancetta slices in a small frying pan until crispy.
- To serve, divide the fritters between four plates and top with the roasted tenderstem, cherry tomatoes and crispy pancetta.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
416 13.9g 17.8g 4g 7.9g 11.7g 1.2g 135mg 45g 2.8mg