- 3tbsp tandoori curry paste
- 2tbsp lime juice
- 1tsp grated fresh ginger
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2–3cm pieces
- 3 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 courgettes, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 small naan breads, halved
- 75g baby spinach and lime wedges, to serve
- For the cucumber raita
- 200g reduced-fat plain yogurt
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tbsp lime juice
- Combine the curry paste, lime juice and ginger in a shallow ceramic dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat in the mixture. Cover the dish, transfer to the fridge and marinate for at least 30 min.
- Meanwhile, combine all the raita ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and thread, alternating with the onions and courgettes, on to
8 skewers (pre-soaked if wooden to prevent burning). Grease the barbecue hotplate or a griddle pan and set to a medium-high heat. Barbecue or griddle the skewers, turning often, for 12–14 min until the chicken is just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Heat the naan breads on the barbecue or griddle for 1–2 min on each side until warmed.
- Serve the skewers with the raita, naan breads and baby spinach, garnished with the extra mint, with lime wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
520 43g 14g 2g 4.6g 14g 2g 310mg 51g 3.4mg