- 1tbsp tandoori paste
- 125ml low-fat natural yogurt
- 400g skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- Cooking oil spray
- 175g frozen peas, thawed
- 25g fresh mint, chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 x 250g packs micowaveable basmati rice and 4tbsp mango chutney, to serve
- Combine the tandoori paste and 2tbsp of the yogurt in a large bowl. Add the chicken and mushrooms and combine.
- Put a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat and spray with a little oil. Add half the chicken mixture and cook for 4–5 min, stirring occasionally, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Spray the pan with a little more oil, then repeat with the remaining chicken mixture. Return all the chicken to the pan with the peas to heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the chopped mint with the remaining yogurt in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the cucumber, onion and tomatoes.
- Heat the rice according to the pack instructions, then divide among 4 bowls. Top with the chicken and peas, the cucumber mixture, the minted yogurt and the chutney, then garnish with mint.
In the mood for spice? We’ve got plenty of healthy Indian recipes for you to try.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
408 33.8g 5.6g 1.2g 5.3g 15.8g 1g 134mg 59.1g 3.5mg