- 300g pack ready-to-heat rice noodles, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2tbsp lime juice
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp runny honey
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1tbsp mirin
- 400g lean rump steak (ideally, 1 thick steak), very thinly sliced into long strips
- Cooking oil spray
- 320g Asian greens, steamed, to serve
- Put the noodles in a large bowl. Stir in the lime juice, fish sauce, half the honey and half the sesame oil. Add the carrots and red onion and mix again, then put on a large serving platter and scatter over the fresh herbs.
- Combine the remaining honey and sesame oil in a large bowl with the garlic, soy sauce and mirin. Add the beef and toss to coat, then thread on to 12 skewers.
- Spray a large griddle pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add the beef skewers, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning, for 2–3 min on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve the beef skewers on top of the salad, with the Asian greens on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
330 25.6g 10.2g 2.5g 4.6g 13.2g 1.8g 82mg 34.6g 3.8mg