- 250g brown rice
- 3tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1tsp runny honey
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 150g white cabbage, shredded
- 150g red cabbage, shredded
- 4tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 4 x 200g lean pork cutlets, fat trimmed, or 4 x 150g pork steaks
- Cooking oil spray
- 320g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 4tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley or coriander
- Cook the rice in a pan of unsalted water according to the pack instructions, then drain.
- While the rice is cooking, put the vinegar and honey in a large non- metallic bowl and stir to dissolve. Add the carrot and white and red cabbage and toss to combine. Stand for 10 min, stirring occasionally, to allow the vegetables to lightly pickle.
- Meanwhile, put the teriyaki sauce in a shallow dish. Add the pork and turn to coat in the sauce.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Drain off and reserve any excess sauce from the pork, then cook for 4 min on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 2 min to rest. Add the reserved teriyaki sauce to the frying pan with 2tbsp water. Bring to the boil and bubble for 1 min, then set aside.
- While the pork is resting, steam the sugar snap peas for 2 min or until just tender. Stir the chopped parsley or coriander through the slaw, then drain.
- Divide the pork among 4 plates and drizzle with the teriyaki sauce. Serve with the rice, peas and slaw.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
478kcal 41.7g 7.7g 2.3g 7g 14.4g 1.2g 117mg 64.2g 2.9mg