- 250g sweet potato, peeled
- 2tbsp reduced-salt gluten-free tamari
- 2tbsp mirin
- 200g firm tofu, cubed
- Spray oil
- 2tsp sesame oil
- 200g broccoli florets
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 1tbsp cashew butter or peanut butter
- 2tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Using a julienne peeler or spiralizer, peel the sweet potato into noodles (or use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons). In a small bowl, combine half the tamari and half the mirin with 2tbsp hot water. Add the tofu, stirring to coat.
- Spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the noodles or ribbons to the pan and cook, tossing, for about 5 min until tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add another spray of oil to the same pan. Remove the tofu from the marinade (reserving the liquid) and add to the pan. Cook for about 5 min, stirring, until golden. Remove the pan from the heat, add the remaining marinade and 3tbsp water and toss the tofu to coat. Keep warm in the pan.
- In a separate pan, warm the sesame oil over a medium heat. Add the broccoli and beans and cook, stirring, for 5–8 min until tender.
- Mix the cashew or peanut butter in a bowl with the remaining tamari and mirin and 1tbsp water to make a sauce.
- Serve the sweet potato noodles, tofu and veg in bowls, sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
TIP Swap the sweet potato for a 330g pack ready-prepared butternut squash noodles (available at Sainsbury’s).
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
504 24g 14g 3.9g 14g 19g 1.8g 167mg 42g 5.1mg