- Cooking oil spray
- 500g extra-lean beef, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3tbsp Thai red curry paste, or to taste
- 1 reduced-salt beef stock cube
- 700g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 125g green beans, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- 125g sugar snap peas
- 350g small broccoli florets
- 50g creamed coconut
- ½ small bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 x 250g packs ready-to-heat basmati rice, to serve
- Spray a large heavy-based saucepan with oil and set over a high heat. Cook the beef, stirring, for 5 min or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Spray the pan with a little more oil and turn the heat down to medium. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 min or until soft. Add the garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 375ml boiling water. Return the beef to the pan, then pour over the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, partially cover with a lid and simmer for 30 min.
- Add the squash to the curry and cook, fully covered, for a further 30 min or until the beef and squash are tender.
- Add the green beans, sugar snaps and broccoli and cook for 5 min. Mix the creamed coconut with 75ml boiling water, then stir into the curry with half the chopped coriander.
- Heat the rice according to the pack instructions, then divide among six bowls. Spoon over the curry and sprinkle with the remaining coriander to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
435 27.4g 14.3g 7.2g 5.7g 8.5g 8.5g 140mg 52.6g 3.7mg