- 500g sweet potatoes, unpeeled, sliced into thin wedges
- 400g parsnips, unpeeled, sliced into thin wedges
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 40g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g parmesan, grated
- 4tbsp roasted red pepper pesto (we used Sainsbury’s)
- 13g fresh basil, leaves chopped
- 4 x 150g cod loin fillets
- 3tbsp low fat crème fraîche (we used Yeo Valley)
- 200g peas, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the sweet potatoes and parsnips in a large roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Toss, then roast for 35–40 min until golden and crisp, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix half the red pesto with half the basil.
- Spoon the pesto mix over the fish, then top with the breadcrumbs. Put the fillets on a baking tray.
- When the wedges have 15 min of cooking time remaining, put the fish in the oven. Bake until golden on top and the flesh flakes easily.
- Scatter the remaining basil over the fish. Stir the remaining pesto into the crème fraîche and serve alongside the fish with the wedges and peas, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
500 39g 13.8g 4.5g 12g 18g 2.2g 197mg 48g 2.9mg