- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 280g pack firm tofu (we used Tofoo Naked), cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g fresh ginger, grated
- 2tbsp medium curry paste
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 600g chickpeas in water (1 large and 1 small can), drained
- 300g frozen spinach
- 175g basmati rice
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 4tbsp low-fat natural yogurt, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the tofu and fry for 5 min, turning to brown slightly on all sides. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and put on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, then fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 5–6 min until the onion has softened. Add the curry paste and cook for a few min more. Add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas and spinach, then cover and cook over a low medium heat for 10 min, stirring occasionally, or until the spinach has thawed and the curry is hot. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Turn the heat down to low, then stir in the tofu and lemon juice and season with black pepper. Simmer for a few min, then serve with the rice and yogurt on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
575kcal 27g 19g 2.2g 13.4g 10.6g 0.4g 170mg 65g 5.1mg