- 4tsp white or brown miso
- 3tbsp finely shredded nori (about 2 sushi sheets)
- 20g piece fresh ginger, grated or thinly sliced
- ½ green chilli, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g mixed green veg, chopped (we used bok choy, broccoli and asparagus)
- 200g fresh shiitake and/or oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 300g firm tofu, cubed
- 250g rice noodles
- Chilli oil, chilli flakes and/or lime juice, to taste
- Fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
- Bring 1.2 litres water to the boil in a large saucepan. Reduce the heat, then add the miso and stir. Add the nori, ginger, chilli, spring onions, veg, mushrooms and tofu. Cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 min.
- Add the noodles and cook for 2–3 min. Add a little chilli oil, chilli flakes or a squeeze of lime juice, if you like.
- Divide the soup between 2 bowls. Garnish with coriander, if using.
TIP: Check the miso is vegan if you want to make this suitable for vegans.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
322 12.7g 4.3g 0.5g 6.6g 2.1g 1g 86mg 55.2g 3.9mg