- 175g easy cook brown rice
- 200ml light coconut milk
- 227g can pineapple in juice
- 1tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- Spray oil
- 300g firm tofu, cut in 5mm slices
- 2 corn tortillas, sliced into strips
- 2 spring onions, very finely sliced
- 175g sweetcorn, drained if canned
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 4tbsp each chopped fresh mint and coriander leaves, plus extra to garnish
- Juice and zest 1 lime
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 50g watercress, large stalks removed
- Sriracha, to serve (optional)
- Rinse the rice and drain well. Put in a saucepan with the coconut milk and 200ml water, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20–25 min until most of the coconut milk is absorbed and the rice is tender, but still a little sloppy.
- Meanwhile, drain the pineapple over a large bowl to catch the liquid. Stir the ginger and garlic into the juice.
- Spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook the tofu for 4-5 min until golden. Transfer the cooked tofu to the pineapple juice marinade and set aside. While the pan is still hot, add the tortilla strips and cook for 2-3 min until browned and crunchy.
- In a bowl, combine the spring onions, sweetcorn, pepper, herbs and lime juice and zest. Chop the pineapple chunks into smaller pieces and add to the salsa.
- Divide the rice among 4 large bowls. Top with cabbage, carrot, watercress, tofu and salsa. Drizzle over any remaining pineapple juice marinade, then garnish with the tortilla strips, extra herbs and a splash of sriracha, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
378 13.7g 10g 4.1g 8.3g 17g 0g 76mg 53g 3.9mg