- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced (use less for a milder flavour)
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 2tsp paprika
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tins kidney beans in water, drained
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3–5 min until browned. Add the garlic, peppers, chilli and spices and cook, stirring, for 2 min. Add the tomatoes and beans, then simmer for 15–20 min, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chilli with jacket potatoes, boiled brown rice or oven-baked potato wedges, or use it as the base for one of our delicious recipes.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
131 9.1g 2g 0.3g 7.6g 9.4g 0.1g 115mg 21.7g 3.9mg