- Cooking oil spray
- 6 lamb shanks, fat trimmed
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 400g tin cannellini beans in water, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 700ml passata
- 350ml hot reduced-salt lamb or beef stock
- 475g frozen peas
- 900g mashed potato, to serve
- ½ small bunch fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Sprinkle the lamb with the rosemary, then add to the pan and cook, turning, for 5 min or until browned all over.
- Put the beans, garlic, peppers, onion, passata and stock in a large slow cooker and set the heat to high. Add the browned lamb shanks and cook for 3 hr 30 min, adding the peas for the final 15 min of the cook time.
- Serve the lamb shanks in bowls with mashed potato, with the sauce ladled over and the chopped parsley sprinkled on top.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
485 42.7g 14.1g 5.6g 12.9g 11.8g 1.2g 112mg 49.1g 5.7mg