- Cooking oil spray
- 2 large filo pastry sheets (about 90g)
- 300g vine-ripened tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 50g green olives, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp roughly chopped basil, plus extra leaves to garnish
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spray a 12-cup mini-muffin tray with oil.
- Spray 1 sheet of the filo pastry with a light coating of oil. Fold in half, spray again, then fold in half again to make a rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 12 squares. Repeat with the remaining sheet to make a total of 24 squares. Press 2 squares, at alternate angles, into each muffin cup. Bake for 8–10 min until the cases are light golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, olives, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and chopped basil in a bowl and season with cracked black pepper. Set aside to macerate (soften) for 5 min.
- Divide the tomato mixture among the tart cases, garnish with a few basil leaves and serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
32 0.8g 1.3g 0.2g 0.7g 1g 0.3g 7 mg 4.8g 0.4mg