- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 2tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 2tbsp thick balsamic vinegar
- 4tbsp shredded fresh basil
- 60g quinoa
- 1tbsp shredded fresh mint
- 1tbsp shredded fresh flatleaf parsley
- 12 thin slices granary bread, toasted, to serve
- Put a large pan over a medium-high heat, then add the tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and oregano. Mix the stock with 650ml boiling water in a jug, then add to the pan along with the vinegar and half the basil. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 min until the soup thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in a medium pan according to the pack instructions. Drain.
- Take the soup off the heat and purée with a stick blender (or leave to cool slightly and whiz in a food processor). Stir the quinoa into the soup with most of the remaining basil, the mint and parsley.
- Spoon into bowls, garnish with the remaining basil and a grind of pepper, then serve with the toast.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
281 11.6g 2.9g 0.6g 8g 11.6g 1.7g 217mg 55.2g 3.3mg