- 115g wholemeal couscous
- 125g smoked trout fillet, flaked
- 1 large carrot, grated and excess moisture squeezed
- 1 large courgette, grated and excess moisture squeezed
- 100g sweetcorn, defrosted if frozen
- 2tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- Zest 1 lemon
- 4tbsp wholemeal plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 chopped baby gem lettuce, ½ sliced cucumber, 1 large shredded carrot, and lemon wedges, to serve
- Put the couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Stir 175ml boiling water into the couscous. Cover and set aside for 5 min. Use a fork to fluff and separate out the grains, then allow to cool.
- Add the trout, grated carrot and courgette, corn, herbs, lemon zest, flour and eggs to the couscous. Stir until well combined. Use slightly wet, clean hands to shape the mixture into 8 x 1cm-thick fishcakes.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the fishcakes, 3–4 at a time, to the pan and cook for 2–3 min on each side until golden, adding a little of the remaining oil as needed.
- Serve 2 patties per person, with the salad vegetables and the lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
441 21g 13g 2.3g 9.6g 9.8g 0.8g 103mg 54g 3.6mg