- 350g turkey breast mince
- 50g fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 25g bunch fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus extra (optional), to garnish
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stick, trimmed and diced
- 2 very low salt chicken stock cubes
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150g savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 6tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 175g frozen peas
- 25g parmesan, grated, and 4 small wholegrain bread rolls, to serve
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Put the mince, breadcrumbs and basil in a large bowl, season with ground black pepper and mix well. With wet hands, shape the mixture into 20 small meatballs, then put in the prepared tray. Cover and chill for 1 hr.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan set over a medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 3–4 min. Add the bay leaf, garlic, potato, carrots and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min
- Dissolve the stock cubes in 1.25 litres boiling water, then add to the vegetables with the tomatoes. Cover the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the vegetables, stirring occasionally, for 30 min. Add the cabbage, then cover the pan again and simmer for 10 min or until the vegetables are tender.
- Increase the heat to medium- high. Add the meatballs to the soup and cook, gently stirring occasionally, for 10–12 min until the meatballs are cooked through. Stir in the parsley and peas, season with black pepper, then simmer for a further 2 min.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
449kcal 34.4g 9.9g 3.1g 10.9g 16.7g 1.1g 289mg 58.9g 4.2mg