- 50g tin anchovy fillets in olive oil, finely chopped, oil reserved
- 500g turkey breast mince
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½tsp dried oregano
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1½tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 100ml reduced-salt chicken stock or white wine
- 275g spaghetti
- Fresh basil, torn, to garnish (optional)
- Put the anchovies in a large bowl with the turkey mince, egg, garlic and oregano. Mix well, then shape into about 24 meatballs.
- Heat the oil from the anchovy tin in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook the meatballs, in batches, for 8–10 min, turning often, until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and fennel seeds to the frying pan and cook for 5 min. Add the tomato purée and cook for a further 2 min. Add the chilli flakes, tomatoes and stock or wine and simmer for 5 min. Return the meatballs to the pan and cook for a further 10 min, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions, then drain. Serve the meatballs with the spaghetti, sprinkled with basil (if using) and some ground black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
508 43.2g 11g 2.3g 6.7g 10g 1.3g 99mg 63.1g 3.4mg