- Spray olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 500g turkey thigh mince
- 20g fresh oregano, finely chopped, or 1tbsp dried oregano
- 400g can haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 2tbsp fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped, to serve
- Spray a deep frying pan with oil and fry half the onion for 6–7 min until softened. Add 1 crushed garlic clove and fry for 1 min more, then add the chopped tomatoes and 1tbsp worcestershire sauce. Add a good pinch of pepper and simmer over a medium heat for 20 min, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the turkey meatballs. Put the remaining onion and garlic clove into a mini food processor with the egg and whiz until smooth. Spoon into a large bowl with the turkey mince, the rest of the worcestershire sauce and the oregano. Add a large pinch of pepper and mix well.
- Roll the turkey mixture into 16 evenly-sized balls. Spray a large frying pan with oil and fry the meatballs for 10–12 min, turning, until lightly golden all over. Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce along with the beans, then gently simmer for 10 min, turning the balls once. Scatter over the parsley to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
381 32.9g 12.3g 3.3g 11.9g 12.4g 0.7g 156mg 29g 6.9mg