- 400g beetroot, cut into wedges
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 large carrots, cut into thick lengths
- Cooking oil spray
- 4tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g quinoa flakes
- 2tbsp chopped fresh herbs, such as chives or parsley
- Zest 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 x 100g turkey breast escalopes
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 150g mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Put the beetroot, sweet potatoes and carrots in one tray and spray with oil. Bake for 45 min or until tender and golden at the edges.
- Meanwhile, prepare the schnitzels. Put the flour on a plate. Whisk the egg with 1tbsp water in a bowl. Combine the quinoa flakes with the herbs and lemon zest in a mixing bowl, then tip on to another plate. Rub a little garlic on to each turkey escalope, then dip, one at a time, into the flour, then the egg, then the quinoa mixture. Set aside.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the coated escalopes and cook for 1–2 min on each side until golden. Transfer to the second prepared baking tray and put in the oven for the final 5 min of the veg cooking time. Bake until cooked through, then serve the schnitzels with the vegetables, salad leaves and lemon wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
435kcal 34.2g 7.8g 1.6g 10.7g 18.6g 0.5g 98mg 63.3g 3.1mg