- 1tbsp garam masala
- 1tsp turmeric
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 mild green chillies, roughly chopped
- 25g piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 x 170g firm white fish fillets, cut into large pieces
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 175g reduced salt fish stock
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Juice 1 lime
- 400g broccoli, cut into florets
- 250g sugar snap peas
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 x 250g packets ready-to-heat brown rice, to serve
- 3tbsp fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Put the garam masala, turmeric, a good pinch of ground black pepper, the garlic, chillies and ginger in a blender with 3tbsp water and blend to a paste.
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the fish and cook for 1 min on each side or until browned, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same frying pan. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 5 min or until soft. Add the spice paste and stir for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add the stock, kaffir lime leaves and lime juice to the pan with 100ml water and bring to the boil. Return the fish to the pan, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 min or until the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and sugar snap peas for 2–3 min until tender. Add the spinach for the last 1 min of the steaming time so it’s just starting to wilt.
- Heat the rice according to the pack instructions, then divide among 4 plates. Top with the fish curry, garnish with the coriander and serve with the broccoli, sugar snap peas and spinach.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
476kcal 42.6g 9.7g 1.2g 9.4g 9.6g 0.7g 185mg 58.8g 4.2mg